Enhancing your home’s
function and beauty
Whether you are building, renovating or simply wanting to redecorate a single room, a decorating project can involve numerous choices and decisions.
Many people find it overwhelming and put it off for another day. Only, that day doesn’t come and they’re still living with the same old furniture they hate! This is where I come in.
I give you the benefit of having an experienced interior designer on hand to solve problems, help you avoid costly mistakes and, most importantly, create a beautiful, affordable space designed specifically to meet your lifestyle needs.
Australian-made soft furnishings
that have the “wow” factor
Window treatments are an essential part of your home. I believe they are one of the most important aspects of bringing a room together and the right choices can bring your room to life. This is my speciality. I’m passionate about helping clients choose and design the perfect furnishings for their windows.
All of my custom-made curtains, sheers, blinds, pelmets and shutters are manufactured locally in my workroom of 13 years. It’s a family run business offering exceptional quality with a solid reputation spanning more than 30 years.
I also offer all aspects of interior decorating and can provide more assistance in the following areas:
• Custom furniture design, new furniture (and placement).
• Re-upholstery and custom designed scatter cushions (all sizes).
• Custom bedheads and rugs.
• Sourcing of unique decorator pieces.
• Beautiful wallpaper and installation.
• Artwork, mirrors and lighting.
Add Personality to your Children’s Rooms
I believe it’s important to know where to spend the money in your little ones’ rooms as they can easily be either too sparse or over-the-top with non-practical furniture and decorator items. I believe what goes into your children’s bedrooms should be adaptable as they grow. For example, artful yet classic custom-made blinds and bedheads will last well into their teens leaving the room to be easily updated periodically with new accessories as they grow.
I’m so passionate about working closely with you and your children to create beautiful, practical and fun spaces that suit their individual personalities… all within your budget.
Each interior design and decorating process is as unique as the clients I work with. However, there are some common features you can expect when you work with me on a project:
- Consultation: I meet with you for an hour to see the space you want to transform, understand your style preferences and establish a scope of work.
- Design Plan: I find suitable furniture and décor pieces, custom fabrics, lighting, colour choices and provide my advice, recommendations, and quotes.
- Design Process: You or I order furniture and décor, custom-design feature pieces, custom-make blinds, curtains and pelmets, bedding, scatter cushions, etc.
- Completion: I oversee the project management, styling and add the finishing touches.
How Much Will It Cost?
All design selections are charged at $130 per hour. It’s up to you how involved you want me to be. Often, one hour is all that is necessary to get clarity and an expert’s opinion. Other times, more time and work is involved and I can give you an estimate of how many hours your project will take.
Remember, I can offer you great advice and ideas you can apply yourself. I’ll provide you with a written summary of suggestions to transform your home.